Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our new houses

We finished our houses early last week - I just never got around to sharing them. This was such a worthwhile project. The kids took a lot of pride in their work. I gave them a design brief - each face of the house had to portray scenes from in or around our house and garden - and they put a lot of thought into what they would paint. This kept them busy for a long time, and we're all very pleased with the results.
I think childrens' art makes a great addition to any home. These sit on our coffee table, and the kids like to rearrange them into new configurations, or just sit down with them and admire the handiwork.I actually thought these were beautiful in their white state, and was certainly tempted to leave them that way. They would have been more classy, but I guess it would have defeated the purpose of giving the kids a form of artistic expression!

No comments: