Friday, October 28, 2011

Seven year old celebrations

OK, I've been a bit slow with blog posting - sorry. We had a birthday in the last week - for a big seven year old girl! Complete with rainbow cake......and badgemaking......and presents of course - with an overabundance of handmade gifts this year (I wouldn't normally spend so much time making gifts, but her birthday wishlist consisted of a 'completely soft' doll, a quilt, and a hug and kiss from Dad and Mum... and she also loves all the princess dresses she sees in the shops but didn't think I would want to by her one... so how could I resist?)

Here they are: a princess dress (beats me why a patternmaking company like McCalls can't at least get the neckline right - it comes down almost to her belly button)......a 'completely soft' doll......and a new bed quilt, extra for winter (backed in light blue which is her current favourite colour)...Caleb wants to know when the next birthday party is. Thankfully not for a while yet!

5 comments:

Jodie said...

That doll makes me want to pack up my ideas of toymaking and go back to the drawing board - she is beautiful.

Jodie said...

She looks like she has just asked a question and is waiting for answer -she is a listener !

Ruth said...

Jodie, that may have something to do with her floppy neck - haven't resolved that little issue yet. Actually, after starting her, I caught a glimpse of a little boy doll on your blog and have anxiously been awaiting for further sightings (and a pattern) of him!

Anonymous said...

How lovely...I particularly love the cake.

Jane said...

Gorgeous quilt