Friday, May 15, 2009

Quilt National

The other big thing to blog about this week has already been alluded to - a trip to the US and Canada! I am going to attend the opening of Quilt National 09 (in which I have a quilt!) as well as to catch up and spend time with my very dear friend Helen. While I can't wait, I am also a bit apprehensive about leaving Phil and the kids for two weeks. He assures me they'll be fine**, but I do feel a bit like I'm shirking my home duties. Having said that, I am determined to make the most of this trip. Seeing it as a gift from God means that it would be irresponsible not to. I am looking forward to developing with respect to my artistic pursuits, as well as having uninterrupted time for Bible study and for regular daily walks. Spending time with Helen is always stimulating and uplifting, so I know that will be great for me too!

I haven't shown a picture of my Quilt National quilt yet, as they have a very strict policy about the quilts not being exhibited anywhere prior to Quilt National opening. I'll post a picture when I can.

In the meantime, I just finished piecing my latest quilt top and it feels great to have that out of the way before leaving!

**at the same time Aaron assures me that they will do lots of silly things while I'm away, watching with a cheeky grin for my indignant reaction!

1 comment:

Helen said...

And I'm so excited to see you as well! 7 sleeps and one 8 hour road trip away! All the best with the last few days of planning and stressing. Just remember that since God has given you this gift... He'll also be watching out for Phil and the kids while you are away.