Monday, August 1, 2011

In Stitches

I'm pretty excited about the above image. It shows my article in the latest issue of In Stitches (4). Quilting Arts In Stitches is an emag published by Interweave, and I was very excited when editor Jane Davila invited me to write an article for issue 4 after seeing my work in Melbourne in April. I was asked to write about how I incorporate stitched 'hidden' images into my quilts. I like what the staff did with the text and images I sent them. I like the look and 'feel' of this magazine, and that it's full of inspiration and useful tips for anyone working with stitch. If you want to read the article(s), you can buy the emagazine here.

2 comments:

Rachael Slorach said...

Hello Ruth,
Wow Wow Wow! Just found your site by accident. Your work is incredible! I subscribe to Quilting Arts so I will look forward to this next copy arriving in the mail.
I like to quilt and have made a few for our family and friends. One of my life goals is to learn landscape quilting and I want to use Australian scenes as inspiration as you have done.
All the best, will follow your RSS feed.
Rachael

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,

Thanks so much for your comment. Your work is amazing!