Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dreaming of a design wall

Near the top of my wishlist for my studio in our new house is a design wall. I don't have one here, but one of my early quilts hanging in our living serves well enough for now, for pinning works in progress onto. Often pieced quilt tops get pinned here for several days while I decide whether I am happy with them.

This week it is being used for various design ideas. I have loads of ideas in my head and in various sketches but would like my quilts to work cohesively together (in the event of an exhibition down the track, but also just because I like it that way). This means I would like to work in series or have some other means of uniformity, and seeing the designs pinned up is helping me to sort out the various ideas with this in mind.

No comments: