Thursday, June 25, 2009

The height of luxury

Well, here they are - 24 modern cloth nappies! All our babies were cloth nappy babies - Aaron wore folded flannelette and towelling squares, while for Hannah I made fitted nappies from flannelette and towelling (though not enough), all requiring plastic pants over top. Now we've gone for the 'Rolls Royce' of nappies - waterproof, breathable outer layer (hence no plastic pants), moisture-wicking suedecloth inner layer (theoretically no nappy rash) and a pocket for stuffing the nappy with superabsorbent bamboo fleece (removable, to ensure quicker drying times), as well as adjustable to three sizes! It doesn't get better than that, does it? Now I just have to sort out a few leaking issues - might need to use more 'stuffing' ...
Unfortunately not such a willing model, though!
P.S. Sorry if you don't come here to read about nappies, but it has been an exciting project for me. Phil is glad they are done so he doesn't have to hear about them all the time!

3 comments:

Viv said...

Oooh, they look so good Ruth! I hope you get the leaks sorted out and let me know the secret when you do! Love the colours!

bronya said...

very cute ... very cool ... way jealous :) ... I've been using my huggies boxes for heaps of craft projects in a bid to make myself feel that little bit environmentally friendly ... not working ;) ...

Ruth said...

Ha, ha! I do like your logic, Bronya!