Monday, January 26, 2009
Alone in my sewing room
Phil worked at the block today, and all three children had an afternoon sleep in anticipation of the Australia Day fireworks, so I got a bit of sewing done! I also made an exciting step in my quilt designing process by colouring one of my quilt designs in Illustrator for the first time. Up till now I have done this by hand with pencils, which doesn't make it easy to try various options. My Illustrator skills are very limited, but I would love to learn more, and am very happy with how useful the program is already proving for me - so easy to see how varying the background colour of the quilt will affect the overall effect of the quilt, for example.