Thursday, July 14, 2011

Screenprinting with Aunty Arls

So here's what we got up to on Tuesday. My sister asked for some screenprinting time at our house, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to let the kids make up a screen too. This was a fairly ambitious project, involving quite a number of steps:
- drawing up a design
- painting the design onto the prepared screens with drawing fluid - waiting for it to dry - filling the screen with screen filler :)
- waiting for it to dry
- washing out the drawing fluid
- waiting for it to dry- printing the images onto fabric
- waiting for it to dry
The little upside-down red guy is Caleb. He drew himself, I painted and made up his silk screen, and then we pulled the prints together (until he decided he didn't need me anymore). Now the kids are busy turning their best print into a simple softie. I'm pretty excited about how they are looking. We'll share a picture when they're done.

1 comment:

Viv said...

I so love Caleb's self-portrait! Sorry, you'll have to wait a few years for Sam's first person you requested.