Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drawing bags

Here's a little project from a couple of weeks ago - drawing bags for the kids for when we go out. I used bits of fabric which I had screenprinted previously. Each bag contains an A5 sketchbook, a drawing pencil and sharpener (Faber Castell has some great little ones out which contain the sharpenings and also have a little lid over the hole where the pencil goes in), as well as a pack of good quality (Faber Castell) colouring pencils. They have been a hit so far - we have tried them out at the cafe with Grandma, visiting newly born Nadia in hospital, waiting at the doctor's surgery, and filling in time at the house-building project! I like it that I can just grab them and go, without having to rummage around for all the relevant bits when it's time to walk out the door.

3 comments:

alyssa b said...

so cute, love them ... and a great idea ... that's it! i'm off to buy some material and borrow my mums sewing machine, and am going to give these a go ... hope you don't mind :)

Linda Robertus said...

Great idea! Might try that too...

Ruth said...

Alyssa and Linda, I hope you all have as much fun with them as we are!