Thursday, August 20, 2009


We did some dyeing today. I realised I wasn't quite as ready to start making the golden elm quilt as I thought - I needed many more yellowish bits of fabric, including yellowy-greens and warm yellow ochres. I also needed more sky colours (ranging between light grey and light blue).
I had a big, happy helper today. She would have dearly loved to mix up some dyes and pour them over the fabric to help, so we had a discussion about how big she would have to be before she could do dyeing. She was very helpful in other things, though, like fetching things, and entertaining Caleb when he woke up before I was done!

Thanks to Phil there are some photos from while we were busy.Oh, I should also say, the WAFTA presentation went well the other night - at least, I was happy with how it went. There were way more people than I expected, but I ended up enjoying the experience more than I thought I would. I do have a list of things to improve on 'next time', though.


Prue said...

Ooh, that looks extremely messy!

Glad the talk went well.

Anonymous said...

The WAFTA presentation was fascinating and you were very generous with the information you shared. We are all amazed at how much you achieve with a house full of small ones. Keep it up.