Saturday, April 16, 2011

My quilts at the Australasian Quilt Convention 2011

Phil and I returned this afternoon from three wonderfully wintery days in Melbourne. We had a great break, and I'll share more highlights in another post, but for today, here are some images of my quilts in the Convention space, just to give you some idea...
Oops, that's not a quilt! That's one of two posters I had printed, incorporating photos of work-in-progress, just to give some idea of the process involved. As you may already have noticed, the Royal Exhibition Building is an awesome space for an even like this!
(Those are my quilts at the left of the image above, behind Dianne Firth's beautifully bold red and grey quilts (unfortunately I can't recall their titles right now, but they are part of 'Elements' by tACTile).
I was rather excited to find that the closest stall was my recurring favourite (Western Australian) quilt show stall The Thread Studio. (That's them at the end of my wall of quilts). I was also very happy with the setup I was given for displaying my quilts. The pin-up boards worked a treat, and we were very pleased to find spotlights installed when we returned the morning after setup. Thanks again, Judy, for this wonderful opportunity to share my work!

6 comments:

bronya said...

wow that looks amazing ... nice job!

Jodie said...

Ruth, I was so excited to see your quilts at the show and they were simply stunning.

Bec R said...

Your setup looks fantastic Ruth and what an amazing building!

Ruth said...

Thanks for all the feedback! Jodie, sorry I missed you there - if I was the squealing type of person, I would have squealed, and asked for your autograph!

Djthart said...

Wonderful to see your quilts displayed, even if it is only on your blog!
What an awesome building.

BERT said...

Hi Ruth,

Your quilts were the most popular corner of the convention when I was there and certainly my favourite (http://bertcollections.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/shows-best-of-the-australasian-quilt-convention/) - thanks for the inspiration.

Bert