Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In summary

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas. We led up to Christmas with the kids by reading 'The Jesse Tree' during the month of December, as well as enjoying a Christmas concert and an hour of Christmas praise at church. Christmas weekend was enjoyed in Albany, with a family potluck lunch after church on Christmas Day (and leftovers for the rest of the weekend). The kids got their beach fix, and now we are settling back into our at-home routines.

God has blessed us all in so many ways this past year, giving us so much for both body and soul. We are thankful for the happy, healthy family we have been given, and for the things we have been allowed to do and enjoy together this year. We have had opportunities that other people may only be able to dream about (I think especially of our housebuilding project, and my quiltmaking experiences). We trust that God will also give us what we need during 2011, and pray that we may live in a way that brings Him honour.
As far as my sewing goes, I've been spending some time making plans for the new year - setting priorities and goals, and mapping out how I might achieve them.
This includes things like:
- revamping my website
- maybe setting up an online shop (bigcartel?) through which to sell my work
- working towards an exhibition of my childhood quilts (starting with submitting an exhibition proposal to my preferred galleries)
- entering my quilts into art exhibitions

On top of that, I have calculated that I need to sew about 40 blinds for the new house, along with a range of cushion covers, and pouffes. Then there are six pieces of furniture awaiting reupholstering, and a whole lot more wanting to be sanded back and refinished (painted or stained) in some way. So I'm sure I'll be keeping out of trouble for at least the next year or so.
I'm looking forward to it. Getting stuck into it all, that is.

And if I do maybe get a bit carried away with it, there are these four little darlings to give me a daily (hourly?) reality check.

3 comments:

bronya said...

gorgeous photos ... looking forward to spending money at your online store :) ... i'm busy writing a year goal list, mine don't seem half as exciting as yours though ... all the best with the family, and with the sewing, and with working towards those goals! have a GREAT new year! God bless xx

Karin på Ösäter said...

It looks like you having a nice christmas time, I wish you and your family a nice Happy New Year 2011.
Hugs from Sweden

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth. I've enjoyed following your blog this past year - I appreciate your calm perspective on life! May God bless you and your family in the coming year! Regards, Veronica (Hoyt).