Friday, December 11, 2009

Battling on

There are days when I would love to get rid of everything related to my quiltmaking and sewing, and live a much simpler life. Seriously. Although I believe that the point of everything that I do is to give glory to God, some days I still struggle with the 'point' of my quiltmaking, and then I also find it hard to enjoy what I am doing*. Yesterday was like that. Maybe its my mental state for the day, or maybe its the circumstances in which I am working at the time (such as, engaged in a power struggle with my one and a half year old). Maybe the step I am working on also comes into it... like this little lady...
She nearly had me beat yesterday... With artistic license to give her any hairstyle under the sun, what on earth possessed me to do plaits, and at this scale? If I'd had any doubts about the design of this quilt I think I would have binned it at this point. But I am very excited about this quilt design, so we pushed on...
and she was conquered, and before bedtime too! Now to 'conquer' the one and a half year old...

* Admittedly, on such days I also find it hard to enjoy other jobs and projects.

1 comment:

bronya said...

those plaits look impressive ... I can't even do the real life thing let alone a quilted version ... you impress me with your determination ... on days when I feel beat I just give up and do nothing, you have a strength I admire ... And it makes you human to have days like that, days where you know what all the right answers are but living them just seems difficult ...